Property Accidents


State, City and local municipalities have the same responsibilities as private owners of residential and commercial property.  These municipalities have a responsibility under the law to keep their property in a reasonably safe condition and to repair and correct hazardous conditions that were created or have existed for a period of time.

In addition to being responsible for keeping its property free from defective and dangerous conditions such as broken or dangerous conditions existing on their sidewalks, dangerous staircases, lead-based paint, lack of security for residents, and fire hazards, municipalities as owners of residential and non-residential high-rise buildings have the same responsibilities as private owners of property to properly inspect, service and maintain elevators, escalators and moving walkways.

There are special Notice of Claim laws that apply to accidents involving the public owners of property.  Generally a notice of claim must be properly given within ninety days and a lawsuit must be brought within a shorter period of time than a lawsuit against a private party.  The Monier Law Firm is fully familiar with these provisions of law and can help you satisfy these conditions necessary before a claim for compensation can be considered.

If you have been, or a member of your family has been, injured as the result of an accident involving property owned by a State, City or local municipality, then you are going through a situation that is difficult, painful and often times uncertain.  More often than not, pain, disability, lost income, and other life altering consequences follow as a result of being seriously injured in an accident.  Experience, dedication and compassion with personalized service are all provided to each person we speak with.

Request An Appointment
Home and Hospital Appointments Available